Senior Quantity Surveyor
Job added: May 20, 2015
- Position: Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Location: West Midlands
- Salary: 50k-59k / year ( Permanent )
- Sector: Civil Engineering & Infrastructure
Job DescriptionPosition: Quantity Surveyor
Sector: Civil Engineering
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to work with a fast growing civil engineering sub-contractor in the Midlands.
Working on projects ranging in value from £500K - £5 Million the ideal candidate should have experience of water infrastructure sector and water ways experience if possible.
It is essential that you hold a full, clean UK driving license and have an appreciation of civil engineering cost and value management.
In return, you will be offer a competitive package that will depend on your experience and knowledge.
Duties will include;
To provide assistance, support and guidance on all commercial issues within the Project(s).
* Preparation of internal Cost/Value Reports on a monthly basis to satisfy the requirements of the Commercial Manager and any other reports which may be required.
* Preparation of Valuations/Applications for Payment on a monthly basis with full supporting documentation in an efficient and timely manner and in accordance with the contract.
* Preparation of Cost Reports to the Client on a monthly basis with full supporting documentation.
* Preparation of earned value calculations and detailed projected project outturn costs on a monthly basis.
* Preparation and management of subcontract and material Procurement Schedules.
* Administration of subcontractor/supplier accounts from the preparation of requisitions, monitoring and authorisation of subcontract payments through to agreement of final accounts.
* Production and rigorous management of Early Warning Notices and associated registers.
* Preparation, negotiation and agreement of Compensation Events/variations, extension of time claims, etc.
* To assist in identifying and proactively managing all commercial risks and opportunities and carrying out value engineering exercises.
* To encourage and develop a culture of contractual awareness within the site team and ensure that the full contractual entitlement is achieved by rigidly managing records, contractual notifications, change control, etc.
* To ensure that all Group Procedures are strictly followed by all commercial staff.
* Establish and implement a robust system of site records for all labour, plant, materials, staff, etc as support for cost substantiation in the event of change and or delays to the contract Works.
* Establishment a robust system of cost allocation/coding which satisfies both internal and external requirements and ensure that it is strictly followed by all the site team.
* Attend all internal/external financial meetings as and when required.
* Preparation of project final accounts
* To undertake any other work as required of you by the Commercial Manager/Project Manager, etc.
For more information, please contact Alex Dettmar on 01785 715505.
Water / Infrastructure
Water ways and canals
For more information, please contact on or email .
Job posted 100 days ago by PSR Solutions